Saturday, February 16, 2008

scanner extraordinairre

My poor scanner is going to blow up. And this pen in my mouth is about to explode.
What am I doing, you ask? Well, I'm applying to my life. Scanning photos and drawings and scrapbook layouts and hoping that it's enough.
And then, (yes, it gets better) I get to try and format it all on InDesign, which is my ultimate favourite hobby, and I am so good at it.

Today was decent. Work: the usual. Most exciting part was when a guy said he wanted to spend forty bucks on flowers, and I got to pick them out. Yes! Most annoying part: guys that come in to buy flowers for their girlfriends and they say ZERO words to me. Hello, I'm trying to HELP you. Sheesh. I do exist, last time I checked. I did get to drive myself to work, however, which made up for the annoying stuff. All in all, a perfectly average day at work. Happy.

This afternoon consisted of:
-a notebook
-a lot of dimensions
-Hooked on Swing (THE greatest record to dance to.)
-The Beatles...
-a living room full of paintings, sketchbooks, and scale models of the Xunantunich Mayan ruins!

= decent afternoon.

throw in Romeo and Juliet and it's a saturday. If you think about it, Saturdays are impossible to anticipate.

PLUS, I kept forgetting that we have a long weekend.



yeye

4 comments:

Jon Berg said...

look whos back blogging,
sounds like the portfolio prep is going good.

Brent said...

sounds like soo much fun! haha
i worked all day yesterday too..well until the night..

good luck with the portfolio

kathleen said...

Saturdays ARE impossible to anticipate. and i have one coming up tomorrow...

Beth said...

elena! you're one of the few ppl. that still posts on blogs! im just looking through everything cuz i noticed and remembered my own.